Captain, BE20 (Ref. #:2023-053, 2023-083)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Captain, BE20. Reporting to the Chief Pilot, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
$75,000-$90,000 per year
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The BE20 Captain is entrusted with ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the BE20 aircraft and meeting the company's performance standards.
- Execute all required duties and responsibilities associated with the BE20 aircraft.
- Maintain strict adherence to safety regulations, including those established by the company, Transport Canada, and CARs (Civil Aviation Regulations).
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot and/or Deputy Chief Pilot.
- The King Air 200 (BE20) is our new primary aircraft for UPS operations, operating Monday through Friday.
- It mainly flies to Edmonton and back, offering shorter workdays.
- Duty begins at 11:00 AM MT and ends at 5:30 PM MT, providing a balanced work-life schedule.
- Our BE20 pilot schedule follows 10 days on, 4 days off rotation.
- Work from Tuesday to Thursday, followed by a 4-day break from Friday to Monday.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Must hold a valid Airline Transport Pilot Licence.
- Possess a valid Instrument and Type rating, if required.
- Maintain a PPC (Pilot Proficiency Check) and currency for an airplane in the responsible aircraft grouping.
- 2,700 hours Total Time.
- 1,200 hours PIC.
- 750 hours Multi-Engine.
- 600 hours Multi PIC.
- 200 Turbine.
- Preference will be given to candidates with time on type.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service abilities.
- Possess strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit good organizational and time management skills.
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities outlined in Sunwest’s Safety Management System manual.
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
| Printer Friendly
| Send To Friend
Email This Job To A Friend: Captain, BE20