Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, YYC (Ref. #:2023-062)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, YYC . Reporting to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
8 days on, 6 days off
$30.50 to $42.00
Duties and Responsibilities:
Why Choose Sunwest?
- Critical Position Hiring Bonus: For select critical positions, we offer an impressive $2,000 hiring bonus, making your career transition seamless.
- Referral Rewards: Be rewarded for your great taste! Refer top talent and earn $1000.00.
- Fitness Convenience: Stay fit on your schedule with our 24/7 onsite gym facility.
- Moving Expense Support: Relocating? We've got your back! Receive generous moving expense reimbursements based on your location:
- British Columbia, Saskatchewan: Up to $1,000
- Manitoba: Up to $1,500
- Ontario, Quebec: Up to $2,500
- Other locations in Canada & US: Up to $3,000
Work Essentials: Your success matters. Get a boot allowance (up to $125/year) and Aircraft Certification Authority premiums(up to $690/month).
Best Shift in YYC: Elevate your work-life balance with our unique 8 days on, 6 days off schedule. Enjoy 10-hour shifts, alternating between days (0700-1730) and nights (1630-0300).
Diverse Aircraft Fleet: Seize incredible career growth opportunities with our diverse fleet of 31 aircraft, including models such as:
- Gulfstream G650ER
- Dassault Falcon 7X
- Bombardier CL604-605
- Bombardier CL300, CL350, and CL3500
- Cessna Citation 680
- Gulfstream G150
- Learjet 45
- Cessna Citation CJ3
- De Havilland DHC8-300
- De Havilland DHC8-200
- Fairchild SA227DC
- Beechcraft 1900D
- Beechcraft KA350
- Beechcraft KA200
- Piper PA31-350
- Provide sound maintenance to Sunwest and customer aircraft fleet.
- Personal responsibility to workplace safety and active involvement with team members ensuring use of safe work practices.
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Sunwest’s Safety Management System manual.
- Thorough familiarity with safety requirements and practice safe work habits.
- Active involvement with the Hazardous Information Tracking System.
- Aircraft return to service in accordance with (IAW) Sunwest policy manuals and CARs.
- Provide oversight and maintain control of aircraft inspection projects.
- Inspect and test aircraft systems to ensure they are in proper working order.
- Diagnose malfunctions or other problems in the aircraft or in mechanical components or systems including engines, hydraulic systems, flight control systems and fuel systems as per technical manuals, engineering drawings or blueprints.
- Disassemble aircraft systems and remove defective components.
- Assemble and/or install replacement parts, components and structures, as per technical manuals, engineering drawings or blueprints.
- Record problems and the action taken to rectify them, maintaining an accurate record of the maintenance history of the aircraft.
- Mentor, coach and teach apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and other entry level personnel.
- Work away from base to support aircraft rescue or inspection as required.
- Liaise with vendor/ technical support teams regarding engineering/ repair data procurement and implementation.
- Technical records and other maintenance related research as required.
- Assist with Service Checks, Base Inspection, L-Check, and other daily inspection items.
- Complete aircraft configuration changes when required.
- Operate and maintain ground service equipment and tooling.
- Purchase order creation and parts receiving when required.
- Work with crew chief to complete Service Difficulty Reports when required.
- Maintain personal tool control in accordance with the General Procedures Manual, and ensure personal toolbox is clean and organized.
- Assist with aircraft movement and wing walking.
- Ensure all required training is complete and up to date.
- Keep workplace clean and organized.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Crew Chief.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years training from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program or Approved ICS correspondence.
- Transport Canada AME License category M1, M2, or both.
- Ability to maintain a Restricted Airside Identification Card.
- Radio licence.
- Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
- Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, aerodynamics, aircraft structures, and basic applied mechanics.
- Have a good understanding of CARs.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to work with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Mechanical aptitude is a necessity.
- Good literacy and numerical skills.
- General understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is imperative.
- Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system defects.
- Efficient, with good time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Good communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Able to handle multiple tasks calmly.
- Self-motivated and the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work in challenging “4 season” weather conditions.
- Demonstrate professionalism and respect in the workplace.
- Ability to provide and receive instructions and delegate accordingly.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing shift rotation.
- A valid Canadian passport is an asset.
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
| Printer Friendly
| Send To Friend
Email This Job To A Friend: Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, YYC