Flight Coordinator (Ref. #:2022-109)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Flight Coordinator. Reporting to the Business Development Coordinator, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
Monday to Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to and provide information to customers enquiring about charter flights.
- Arrange all aspects of charter flight bookings including aircraft scheduling, price quoting, U.S and Foreign Customs, ground transportation, crew hotel accommodations and other related services.
- Utilize current dispatch program and quoting system to provide information to clients and to book and confirm flights.
- Prepare and provide aircraft quotes to existing and potential clients.
- Obtain and maintain passenger information for all flights.
- Re-arrange flights as required for normal and irregular operations.
- Maintain accurate and up to date files on all assigned clients.
- Follow-up with clients after flight.
- Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with assigned clients.
- Compile timely and accurate invoices after charter flights are completed.
- Track and document turn down trips and cancellations.
- Generate Monthly Reports to specific clients, as required.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of flight coordinating, travel coordinating, sales or general customer service experience considered an asset
- Hard-working self-starter
- Strong communication skills, with pleasant and efficient telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, continually changing environment.
- Ability to get along with coworkers and work both on an individual and team basis.
- Complete work assignments by deadline, which may require you to stay late on occasion.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Email This Job To A Friend: Flight Coordinator