Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - 3 positions. Reporting to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Work for one of the best aviation companies in Western Canada!
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston charter aircraft. Based on our fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over thirty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines. Enjoy an environment we offer: excellent safety record; great benefits; fair and just culture; excellent team work.
• Personal responsibility to workplace safety and active involvement with team members ensuring use of safe work practices.
• Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Sunwest’s Safety Management System manual.
• Thorough familiarity with safety requirements and practice safe work habits.
• Active involvement with the Hazardous Information Tracking System.
• Aircraft return to service in accordance with (IAW) Sunwest policy manuals and CARs.
• Provide oversight and maintain control of aircraft inspection projects.
• Inspect and test aircraft systems to ensure they are in proper working order.
• Diagnose malfunctions or other problems in the aircraft or in mechanical components or systems including engines, hydraulic systems, flight control systems and fuel systems as per technical manuals, engineering drawings or blueprints.
• Disassemble aircraft systems and remove defective components.
• Assemble and/or install replacement parts, components and structures, as per technical manuals, engineering drawings or blueprints.
• Record problems and the action taken to rectify them, maintaining an accurate record of the maintenance history of the aircraft.
• Mentor, coach and teach apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and other entry level personnel.
• Work away from base to support aircraft rescue or inspection as required.
• Liaise with vendor/ technical support teams regarding engineering/ repair data procurement and implementation.
• Technical records and other maintenance related research as required.
• Assist with Service Checks, Base Inspection, L-Check, and other daily inspection items.
• Operate and maintain ground service equipment and tooling.
• Purchase order creation and parts receiving when required.
• Work with crew chief to complete Service Difficulty Reports when required.
• Maintain personal tool control in accordance with the General Procedures Manual.
• Assist with aircraft movement and wing walking.
• Ensure all required training is complete and up to date.
• Other related duties as assigned by the Crew Chief.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Minimum 2 years training from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program or Approved ICS correspondence.
• Transport Canada AME License category M1, M2, or both.
• Ability to maintain a Restricted Airside Identification Card.
• Radio licence
• Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language.
• Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
• Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, aerodynamics, aircraft structures, and basic applied mechanics.
• Have a good understanding of CARs.
• Basic computer literacy and ability to work with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Mechanical aptitude is a necessity.
• Good literacy and numerical skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy is imperative.
• Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system defects.
• Efficient, with good time management skills.
• Must be able to work independently or in a team environment.
• Good communication skills required, both verbal and written.
• Able to handle multiple tasks calmly.
• Self-motivated and the ability to take initiative.
• Ability to work in challenging “4 season” weather conditions.
• Demonstrate professionalism and respect in the workplace.
• Ability to provide and receive instructions and delegate accordingly.
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing shift rotation.
• A valid Canadian passport is an asset.
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.