Flight Training Coordinator - Mat leave (Ref. #:2020-001)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Flight Training Coordinator - Mat leave. Reporting to the Deputy Chief Pilot - Training, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
Monday to Friday 8:00 to 5:00
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build all Recurrent / Initial / Upgrade training binders
- Arrange travel, hotel, and ground transportation, as required, for pilot employee base in conjunction with their training.
- Approve and track all training invoices, including Transport Canada ride invoices.
- Coordinate pilot training with the Crew Scheduler.
- Maintain and amend the “Pilots Operating Each Aircraft Type” (POEACT) file.
- Evaluate and track training costs.
- Evaluate and track costs for pilot medicals.
- Maintain electronic training forms.
- Handle all FSI paperwork prior to candidate departure.
- Ensure all pilot training records are complete and properly file.
- Liaise with Transport Canada and other regulatory agencies on training matters, including Type Endorsement fees.
- Handle all TSA applications
- Issue Aerostudies course in cooperation with Flight Ops Administrative Assistant.
- Any other duties as assigned by the DCP – Training
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- High school diploma
- Post-secondary education in administration is an asset
- A high working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- A high working knowledge of FOS is considered an asset
- Demonstrate general working knowledge with respect to the content of the COM, Training Manual, and the provisions of the Regulations and Standards necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- 2 years previous aviation experience is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Solid decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills is a must
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Email This Job To A Friend: Flight Training Coordinator - Mat leave