Cabin Safety Supervisor (Ref. #:2022-085)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Cabin Safety Supervisor. Reporting to the Cabin Safety Manager, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for supporting the Cabin Safety department in conjunction with management by providing operational oversight, administrative support, and line leadership. The supervisor of Cabin Safety is responsible for the delivery of Cabin Safety & Flight Operations training as well as operational supervision of all Flight Attendants & PAOBDs. This position is the delegate in the event of an absence by the Manager, of Cabin Safety & Customer Service and will therefore be required to be proficient in regulatory knowledge, aviation standards and emergency response. Responsible for analyzing cabin crew professional standards while providing feedback and recommendations to management for process improvement.
- Act as a direct liaison to the cabin crew flight line to management
- Facilitate Initial, Annual & Requalification Flight Attendant Training Programs
- Have full knowledge and involvement of the Sunwest Aviation Hazard & Incident Tracking System
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Flight Attendant Manual
- Planning, scheduling, and facilitating Flight Attendant & PAOBD line checks
- Assisting in the development and facilitation of joint Flight Operations & Cabin Safety training programs (CRM, Security, Interference with Crew Members, First Aid etc.)
- Writing, distributing, and tracking acknowledgement of Cabin Safety Memos for Flight Attendants & PAOBDs while maintaining consistency with Flight Operations department
- Actively participating in the Company’s Safety Management System through the reporting, investigation, auctioning, and distribution of safety, accident, incident, and other occurrence reports
- Providing leadership and supervision to Flight Attendants & PAOBDs
- Assuming any responsibilities delegated by the Manager of Cabin Safety & Customer Service
- Maintaining qualifications and operating monthly as a Flight Attendant & PAOBD
- Maintain qualification as a Canadian Red Cross First Aid instructor
- Supporting the Company’s reputation for outstanding customer service through participating in quality service initiatives
- Completing all administrative tasks associated with the position including but not limited to invoice coding and completion of client duty summary
- Act as the Transport Canada delegate for the Manager of Cabin Safety & Customer Service in the event of an absence
- Assistance with maintaining Flight Attendant training records upon completion of training facilitation as well as quarterly auditing
- Know such of the contents of the Sunwest Aviation operations manual, air operator certificate and operations specifications as are necessary for the performance of the assigned duties
- Any other related duties as required.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- High school diploma
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset
First Aid Instructor Qualification is considered an asset
- 4+ years of Flight Attendant experience on 705 & corporate aircraft
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Intermediate to advanced instructional technique skills
- Intermediate knowledge with MS Office, Adobe etc.
- Previous related experience is desired in technical writing and program development
Know such of the provisions of the Aeronautics Act, the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Standards, the Flight Attendant Training Standard (TP12206) and the Flight Attendant Manual Standard (TP12295) as are necessary for the performance of the assigned duties
- Ability to travel as required
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple projects & assignments
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Superior communication (written & verbal), presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent process analysis and problem-solving skills
- A proven ability to remain focused, positive, and productive during stressful situations
- Takes a pro-active, self-motivated approach
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
Able to work irregular hours as required
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Email This Job To A Friend: Cabin Safety Supervisor