Operations Centre Coordinator (Ref. #:2021-042)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Operations Centre Coordinator. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
Shift work rotations days and nights, weekends and holidays
to be determined
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide superior Customer service and Internal service while communicating efficiently and effectively with clients, vendors, internal staff regarding quote requests, bookings and flight following.
- Maintain the daily flight following log of company aircraft and flight OFP’s (operational flight plans) as per company procedures
- Act as the afterhours primary point of contact for communication with customers and other outside agencies
- Activate the ERM (emergency response manual) in the event of an emergency, report overdue aircraft to the appropriate agencies
- Resolve irregular operations (IROP) through close liaison with pilots, maintenance, and the customer to minimize delays
- Arrange all aspects of charter flight bookings including aircraft, catering, U.S. and Foreign Customs, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, other services during afterhours
- In the absence of the crew scheduler handle crew assignments, crew briefings, and crew changes for flights
- Utilize current dispatch/quoting system (FOS) to provide information to clients and to book and confirm flights
- Prepare and provide aircraft quotes to existing and potential clients during afterhours
- Obtain and maintain passenger information for all flights; re-arrange flights as required for normal and irregular operations
- Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with assigned clients and follow company customer care programs
- Process completed trip packages in a timely manner for accounting
- Assist the Ops Centre Supervisor in compiling monthly flight statistics for reporting purposes
- Track and document afterhours turn down trips and cancellations in ops to ops email
- Other related duties as required
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
High school diploma, a degree or diploma in business administration, travel and tourism, are considered an asset
Flight Operations System (FOS) knowledge or previous flight coordinating experience considered a strong asset
Aviation background with minimum 1-year aviation experience
In-depth knowledge of the aviation industry considered an asset
Previous Flight Coordinator experience is an asset
- The ability to work shift work, statutory holidays, and weekends
- Fluent in English, including excellent written and oral communication
- Hard-working self-starter and a desire to learn
- Must be a team player; possess a professional appearance
- Pleasant, patient and efficient telephone etiquette is required
- Strong communication skills
- Work well under pressure in a continually changing environment
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 operation which includes shift work, weekends, holidays
- Ability to get along with co-workers and work both on an individual and team basis
- Excellent multi-tasking, trouble shooting skills, and the ability to make quick decisions and handle multiple phone lines and radio calls
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per the Sunwest Safety Management System manual
Adhere to the Company Operations Manual and Operations Centre checklists and procedures.
Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Sunwest’s Safety Management System manual.
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
| Printer Friendly
| Send To Friend
Email This Job To A Friend: Operations Centre Coordinator