Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Ref. #:2019-053)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. Reporting to the Production Manager, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
8 and 6 days and nights
to be determined
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be thoroughly familiar with safety requirements and practice safe work habits
- Inspect and test aircraft systems to ensure they are in proper working order
- Diagnose malfunctions or other problems in the aircraft or in mechanical components or systems including engines, hydraulic systems, flight control systems and fuel systems, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
- Disassemble aircraft systems and remove defective components
- Assemble and/or install replacement parts, components and structures, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
- Record problems and the action taken to rectify them, maintaining an accurate record of the maintenance history of the aircraft
- Other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years training from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
- Transport Canada AME License category M1 (mandatory) M2 (an asset)
- Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
- Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, aerodynamics, aircraft structures, and basic applied mechanics
- Have a good understanding of CAR’s
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system snags
- Good communication skills required, both verbal and written
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Email This Job To A Friend: Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer