QA Program Manager - Flight Operations (Ref. #:2019-024)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a QA Program Manager - Flight Operations. Reporting to the Director of Safety, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
Monday to Friday 8:00 to 5:00
to be determined
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote a system of continuous improvement to enhance safety and productivity by conducting Flight Operations audits in accordance with the Sunwest Aviation Audit Policy and acting as a specialist in the Flight Data Monitoring Program.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Is directly responsible to the Director of Safety.
- Aids the Director of Safety in continuing the development of the Sunwest Aviation Ltd.’s Safety and Quality management systems, especially as it relates to flight operations quality assurance internal evaluation program, and fully participates in the development of safety department policies, processes, and procedures.
- Must maintain an in-depth knowledge of and involvement in the Sunwest SMS.
- Under the Director of Safety, Quality Assurance Program Manager – Flight Operations is responsible for,
- The implementation and maintenance of the Flight Operations Quality Assurance Program.
- Strict adherence to the auditor’s code of conduct.
- Timely completion of internal and external audits as required by the Flight Operations yearly Audit Plan and in accordance with the Sunwest Aviation Flight Operations Auditing Procedures Manual, the Flight Operations Audit Plan, and checklists.
- Submitting audit reports to the Director of Safety and the Director of Flight operations for the individual areas of the internal evaluation program’s scope as well as a yearend report.
- Tracking and trending quality issues identified in the program for ongoing improvements.
- Maintaining and improving the audit checklists, policy and procedures.
- Completing follow-up audits to ensure the effectiveness of corrective action plans.
- Preparing presentations for the quarterly Management Review Board Meeting outlining the progress of the internal evaluation program and its findings.
- Regularly reporting to the Director of Safety any issues raised in the course of the internal audit program and the progress of the internal audit plan.
- Submitting findings from the internal audit program into the SMS reporting system.
- Provide subject matter expertise flight operations in the overall improvement of its policies, processes, and procedures to enable continuous improvement of its output.
- Develop and maintain an auditor training program for Sunwest individuals assigned to augment the internal evaluation program.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of the Sunwest Aviation Flight Data Monitoring Program.
- When so designated by the Director of Safety, act as the External Audit Liaison in order to facilitate and shepherd an external audit team during their visit and be responsible for providing periodic progress and finding close-out reports to the administrator of the external audit organization and to Sunwest management.
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Sunwest’s SMS Manual
- Any other duties assigned by the Director of Safety.
- If also holding a flying position with Sunwest, report in that capacity to the Chief pilot.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum High School Diploma achieved; post-secondary education is considered an asset.
- Successful completion of an industry accepted auditor certification program is preferred
- Training Flight Data Monitoring training in hand is preferred
- 5+ years of commercial aviation experience.
- 2+ years of quality assurance/auditing experience, or related experience, is preferred.
- Preference may be given to candidates who hold, or have held, a Commercial Pilot License, or Airline Transport License, with an instrument rating.
- Preference may be given to candidates who can act as a pilot on one of the types of aircraft operated by Sunwest.
- Must have good experience using the Microsoft Office Suite programs as well as should have good general computer skills. Capabilities in Visio is an asset.
- Must be detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of the CARs, the CASS, and knowledge of IOSA, IS-BAO, and other industry standards is an asset.
- Solid understanding of process development and process audit principles and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong diplomacy skills.
- Strong conflict resolution abilities.
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Email This Job To A Friend: QA Program Manager - Flight Operations