Senior Accountant (Ref. #:2019-030)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Senior Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
Monday to Friday 8:00 to 5:00
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the information/data resident in Sunwest’s accounting system (AccPac). To compile and prepare timely and reliable monthly financial statements and other company required reports.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Full cycle accounting including compilation of the monthly financial statement package (prior to the 25th of the following month), including detailed departmental income statements, balance sheet, statement of changes in financial position and other reports as required by Senior Management
- Prepare monthly management customer summaries of operations based on information compiled from monthly financial statements and other information obtained from various operational areas
- Monthly G/L account reconciliations undertaken, including but not limited to bank reconciliations both Canadian and US dollars
- Direct supervision of all clerical accounting staff.
- Administration of AccPac Accounting system (ie. Financial statement specifications, updates, U.S. currency issues)
- Refine financial reporting system and processes as required
- Review of credit applications and make recommendations with respect to credit limits and advise flight operations of allowable credit
- And any other related Accounting duties as may be required
Educational Qualifications & Credentials
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- CPA accounting designation is considered an asset
Professional & Specific Expertise
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in full cycle accounting up to and including the preparation of company financial statements
- Public accounting experience in the preparation of comprehensive year end working papers file, is considered an asset
- Prior experience with U.S. bank reconciliations and foreign exchange gains/losses is required
- Advanced proficiency and experience with AccPac (Financial Link) and Microsoft Excel is required; Microsoft Word is an asset
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience is required
Competencies Required for Effective Performance
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Team Player that can also work independently
- Competent data entry skills
- Ability to think critically and respond logically to evaluate situations and generate required steps to ensure success
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
| Printer Friendly
| Send To Friend
Email This Job To A Friend: Senior Accountant