Intermediate Accountant (Ref. #:2019-016)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Intermediate Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
Monday - Friday, regular office hours
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily Shell reconciliation including customer billing
- Post vendor payables relating to fuel suppliers
- Reconcile and maintain company credit card program
- Data entry and coding of company expenses
- Enter cash receipts into accounting system
- Post customer invoices into the accounting system through the FOS export
- Prepare monthly statements for our OMC customers
- Prepare monthly G/L account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statement package
- Vacation coverage and overflow for other Accounting Department roles, including Billing, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- And any other related Accounting duties as may be required
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Enrollment in an Accounting designation program is considered an asset
- Basic full-cycle knowledge with a minimum of 3 years accounting experience
- Advanced proficiency and experience with AccPac (Financial Link) and Microsoft Office is required
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Competent data entry skills
- Ability to think critically and respond logically to evaluate situations and generate required steps to ensure success
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Sunwest’s Safety Management System manual
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Email This Job To A Friend: Intermediate Accountant