Apprentice AME (Ref. #:2019-014)
Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Apprentice AME. Reporting to the Maintenance Production Manager, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Type of Employment:
8 on/6 off Thu-Sun (07:00 - 17:30) Mon-Thur (16:30 - 03:00)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be thoroughly familiar with safety requirements and practice safe work habits
- Assist Engineers in inspecting and testing aircraft systems to ensure they are in proper working order
- Assist in diagnosing malfunctions or other problems in the aircraft or in mechanical components or systems including engines, hydraulic systems, flight control systems and fuel systems, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
- Assist in disassembling aircraft systems and remove defective components
- Assist in assembling and/or installing replacement parts, components and structures, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
- Report problems to Engineers so action can be taken to rectify them, assist in maintaining an accurate record of the maintenance history of the aircraft
- Other related duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program or Transport approved ICS correspondence
- Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
- Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, aerodynamics, aircraft structures, and basic applied mechanics
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system snags
- Good communication skills required, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow instructions and seek answers if unsure about a specific task
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Sunwest’s Safety Management System manual
In addition, successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment drug screening.
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
| Printer Friendly
| Send To Friend
Email This Job To A Friend: Apprentice AME