Sunwest Aviation Ltd. is the leading Western Canadian operator of jet and turboprop charter aircraft. Our fleet consists of a wide variety of jets, turboprops and piston aircraft. Based on fleet diversity, Sunwest is able to offer excellent opportunity for advancement. With over twenty-five years of safe operation, we have established a solid reputation in the aviation industry. Operating from a modern facility in Calgary, our aircraft are available for charter to thousands of destinations not served by scheduled airlines.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Flight Attendant Manager. Reporting to the Director of Flight Operations, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Ensure a current and approved Flight Attendant Manual, Flight Attendant training program, and PAOBD training program are in place
· The issuance of directives and notices to the Flight Attendants and PAOBDs as required
· The actioning and distribution of accident, incident, and other occurrence reports
· The processing and actioning of any Flight Attendant and PAOBD reports
· The supervision of Flight Attendants and PAOBDs
· Aid in the creation of customer service training program for crews
· Review customer service complaints in regards to crews and make recommendations for improvement
· Assume any responsibilities delegated by the Director, Flight Operations
· Training of Flight Attendants and PAOBDs in accordance with the approved training program
· The maintenance of Flight Attendant and PAOBD training records
· Act as a Liaison with other Company departments; The development of safety features cards
· Support and maintenance of the outstanding Customer service in-flight experience
· Work a minimum of 5 days/month as a Flight Attendant providing hands-on involvement and review for auditing and evaluating purposes of individuals performing in this role to ensure Sunwest’s standards are being met satisfactorily
· In his or her absence, delegate all responsibilities for duties to another qualified individual (knowledge requirements detailed under Flight Attendant Manager qualifications may be demonstrated to the Company)
· Any other related duties as required
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies. In addition personality profiling will be required of all candidates granted an interview for this position.
· High school diploma
· Post-secondary education is considered an asset
· 3+ years of management experience
· Previous related experience is strongly desired in technical writing, program development and program facilitation
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge with MS Office, Adobe products, etc.
· Ability to travel as required
· Highly organized and able to multi-task
· Possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills
· Superior communication (written and verbal), presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills
· Excellent process analysis and problem-solving skills
· A proven ability to remain focused, positive and productive during stressful situations
· Takes a pro-active, self-motivated approach
· Ability to work independently as well as with a team
· Able to work irregular hours as required
The Flight Attendant Manager position will require the successful candidate to demonstrate to Transport Canada that they meet the requirements identified in Paragraph 725.07(2)(d) of the Commercial Air Service Standards.
The process for approval of a Flight Attendant Manager is outlined in Commercial and Business Aviation Advisory Circular No. 0115R2.
The Flight Attendant Manager shall:
· Know such of the contents of the air operator's operations manual, air operator certificate and operations specifications as are necessary for the performance of the assigned duties
· Know such of the provisions of the Aeronautics Act, the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Standards, as are necessary for the performance of the assigned duties
· Demonstrate to the Minister that the person has the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
Type of Employment: Full-time
Competition Deadline: 2014-02-14
Date Posted: 2014-02-07
Sunwest offers a competitive, performance-based salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including dental, extended health, life insurance, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and Group RRSP plan matching. Offering a safe, diverse and innovative environment, Sunwest is respected for integrity and is committed to taking care of our customers, our employees, our partners and our community.
Sunwest Aviation is committed to employment equity and will consider the qualifications, education, knowledge and experience of all candidates. We encourage all candidates to apply and the most qualified candidate will be offered the position.
Latest News - Read All News
Sunwest Aviation Careers
- it is paramount and our priority
- taking care of our customers best
- that make a difference!